Friday, September 2, 2011

About Me

Until I entered college, I never chose a political ideology. When I turned 18, I was given the right to vote but only voted for the sake of exercising my right. Looking back, I believe I was reluctant to take a deeper look into politics because of my own ignorance but also my educational environment in High School and at home. After many struggles in college history and government classes, I pushed myself towards a more active awareness in the political world. Choosing between Republican or Democratic, I see myself as a Democratic. After taking the typology quiz, I found out that I am a Post-Modern. Which lies in the middle of Staunch Conservatives and Solid Liberals, explaining that a Post-Modern leans more towards a Democratic vote. I found it accurate according to it's description of being liberal on social issues and in favor of diplomacy. My political experiences have been limited but I hope to change that taking this course. I scored a 64 on the civics test and missed one question on the current events quiz. After re-taking government and history, I had to kick myself into not only passing but politically involving my mind on crucial issues that affect the world I live in. Now, to work on my political involvement. Starting now..

No comments:

Post a Comment